Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Eerie Experiences


Eerie Experiences


This week, two South Australian stories of "Eerie Experiences" submitted to "The Australian Woman's Weekly" in September 1964


First Published in “The Australian Women's Weekly: Wednesday 16 September 1964”

During the war, I was a member of the A.W.A.S. stationed in a country town. One day I was involved in an accident, and during the time it took for me to be extricated from the wreckage; I yelled over and over, "Mum! Mum!"
On recovering consciousness in the hospital, I was handed a telegram from my mother 600 miles away. It read, "What has happened? Are you all right? Love, Mum."
I discovered that at the moment of the accident she heard me as if I were in the next room screaming for her. She sent the telegram and was in a state herself until she heard from me.
MRS. J. COLLINS, Woodville, S.A.



First Published in “The Australian Women's Weekly: Wednesday 16 September 1964”


"SHORT-LEGGED GHOST," North Adelaide.

My home is old and rather large. All the main rooms open into a long passage. For several years I often had the feeling, as I walked down this passage, that I was being followed.
If I turned I would see, out of the corner of my eye, a sudden movement as though something about two and a half feet high had just raced out of sight.
This experience was never frightening. It was rather like having a very inquisitive pet that was also very timid.
I came to think of this movement as "he."
One day while I was in the sitting-room he must have become especially curious, for when I pulled the door open to go out, there he was in the doorway.
In the second before he moved I saw that he was very short and thick-set, his head was unusually large and oddly flattened on top, and his face was waxen in texture, although I saw no features. As he scuttled off I saw that he had very short legs.
The poor little thing must have been badly frightened, for I have not seen him since. Still, it's not every day one frightens a short-legged ghost.


No comments:

Post a Comment